A new patch and DLC (Architects of Argos) has just been released for Funcom’s Conan Exiles
New follower behaviors!
You can now give your followers a brand new set of engagement rules and tactical preferences to better suit your playstyle!
Accessed via a new option in the interaction wheel, you can now assign different behaviors to your thralls and pets. Divided into two sections (Engagement and Tactics), this will give you better control than ever on how your armies react to incoming threats.
Under this new menu, you can now choose and customize different rules of engagement for each of your followers. These new options are:
- Guard Area: Follower will only attack when a hostile engages with them or any friendly presence within their detection radius.
- Guard me: Attack those that directly attack you or those hostiles that you engage with in combat.*
- Attack all enemies: When subtlety isn’t part of your master plan, just let your armies know about this option. They will engage with any hostile that enters their detection radius, old-school!
- Attack nothing: If you want them to know engaging with any threats might be above their gruel pay-grade, choose this option. Any follower with this behavior will not retaliate against hostile activity.
- Attack and Chase Distance: You can set at which distance your thrall or pet will detect hostiles (Attack Distance), as well as the distance they might move (together with some new aggro systems) from their designed guard spot while pursuing their target (Chase Distance). These two settings open a new submenu with a range of options, from Lowest (5 meters) to Longest (50 meters).
Within this section, you can set which tactical choices will be preferred by your followers:
- Stand and defend: With this option, your followers will stay firm and keep the designated position against any hostile activity.
- Prioritize melee: Followers with this tactic assigned will try to deal with enemies up-close and prioritize equipping the shortest range weapon they have available in their inventory.
- Prioritize ranged: This tactic will make your thrall opt for long-ranged engagements, prioritizing ranged weapons in their inventory when attacking an enemy.The Argossean building set offers a host of attractive pieces. It includes vaulted ceilings, a new and unique way to build tall pillars (with bottom, middle and top pieces) and special attention has been paid to the insides of buildings.
You will also get your hands on three stylish new horse armors, three fresh armor sets and nine new weapons, such as the Argossean Great Axe. Available now on all platforms!
Architects of Argos Pack contains:
- 49 new and exclusive building pieces
Ornate pieces including beautiful vaulted ceilings
- 18 new and elegant placeables
Decorate your base with classical statues and fountains
- 3 new mount saddles
Equip your horse with the Argossean Warhorse saddle
- 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Phalanx armor
Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each
- 9 new weapons in the Argossean set
Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon
UPDATE 40 PATCH NOTES:
- New follower stances!
- New follower command system!
- You can now have a companion and a mount active at the same time!
- You can now drag unconscious NPCs while riding a horse! Yee-haw!
- AI improvements!
- New DLC pack: The Architects of Argos!
- …and more!
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Deployed a number of optimizations regarding server logs.
- Fixed a number of crashing issues.
- Fixed a number of crashing issues related to AI.
- Added a number of optimizations in regards of characters and AI.
- Fixed an issue that would allow building inside certain locations.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent return of materials.
- Added new follower behavior settings!
For the first time, you can customize the rules of engagement of your follower defenses as well as their tactics when in combat.
- Added new command system that will allow you to give direct orders to your active follower.
This can be controlled via a new radial menu (holding X by default), or giving direct input (by single pressing X to move/attack, double press to cancel).
- Added new animations to provide visual feedback to the command system.
- Added and reworked AI behaviors to deepen and improve the playing experience.
- New DLC patck: The Architects of Argos!
BUILDING AND PLACEABLES FIXES
- Fixed an issue that would cause the placement brush of placeables to snap to the edges of all assets.
- Fixed an issue where the replacing of ramps and sloped roofs from specific DLCs would work inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue where Riptide light attacks would deal double damage.
AI AND THRALL FIXES
- Fixed several instances where friendly and/or hostile AI would become non-responsive towards external threats.
- Reworked several AI components, such as hate list (list of hostile targets) and leash distance (distance they’re allowed to chase their target).
- Resolved several issues where followers would have troubles teleporting to the player.
- Resolved a number of issues that would prevent thralls from using weapon combos.
- Improved AI awareness. They can now detect threats and targets visually and via sounds.
- Fixed a few issues that would allow cheesing bosses’ AI using the leash behavior.
- Fixed a number of issues regarding the Warmaker’s Champion AI and attack patterns.
- Fixed an issue that would cause wights to spawn in unbeatable ways during the Wine Cellar boss fight.
- Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when player characters do.
- Fixed an issue where KO’d NPCs would teleport for a short distance if interacted with no Bindings equipped.
- Fixed a targetting issue where NPCs would target the foundation beneath instead of the character.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs with a bow would not retaliate against long distance attacks.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would not attack the player while standing in a particular spot.
- Chilled Godbreaker Plate armor value was inconsistent compared to Godbreaker Plate. This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause player characters to get stuck on a chair if placed on a foundation.
- Falling on spikes should no longer negate fall damage.
- Stamina cost for dodging has been reduced for medium and light armors.
- Redesigned the Accuracy 40 perk. It is now called Flattening Shot and will allow your heavy shots to push back or knock down targets.
- Improved navigation on interaction radial wheels. You can now use key or button inputs to ease your navigation.
- You can now drag unconscious NPCs while riding a horse.
- Mounts no longer take a follower slot. This means you can now have a follower and a horse at the same time.
ANIMATION AND CINEMATIC FIXES
- Added character animations when issuing commands to followers.
UI AND TEXT FIXES
- Added new radial menu options to control follower behavior.
- Added new follower command menu.
- New key bindings have been added to control the new commands.
- Implemented a smart system on the Interact key when using a controller. Now, if there are valid interact targets, this binding opens the interact menu. Otherwise, the command menu.
- Added tips and hints related to the new Followers systems in loading screens.
- Fixed an issue with the pets’ radial menu.