Free update 3 is now available for DOOM. This adds the recently promised deathmatch support and it’s being celebrated with a Double XP weekend that runs all the way into Monday.
DOOM’s Free Update 3 is now available! Free Update 3 includes new multiplayer features like Deathmatch and Private Matches, as well as improvements and fixes. See below for the full release notes:
Deathmatch – New Deathmatch free-for-all multiplayer mode
Private Matches – Players can create their own private matches in multiplayer. When setting up your matches, you can determine the modes, maps, length of play time, and other match settings.
Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
- Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Titan’s Realm while picking up yellow skull in crusher room.
- Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with DOOM
- Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the VEGA Central Processing
- Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery.
- Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in next level would put your character in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
- Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets.
- Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards’ legs would not move.
- Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in game status of Dead
- Man Stalking Challenge in Kadingir Sanctum.
- Various instability issues addressed.